Saturday, March 14, 2015

It's FAT

Phew! It IS just fat. Fat necrosis to be more specific. I'm feeling so incredibly relieved.

Yesterday seemed to drag on. No matter how I tried to distract myself, my thoughts kept drifting back to the what-ifs. I took Charlotte and a friend of hers to the park. I sat on the bench, watching the girls play. I looked over at a mom on the swings. The back of her shirt read "Keep Calm and Trust God." I got the message. But the day continued to drag. Why hadn't she called? Was she waiting for more info, delaying giving me the bad news until she had finished with patients for the day and had more time to talk and answer questions?  And then the phone rang. Dr. Weinberg's voice was cheerful, bubbling through the phone line with GOOD news. "Relax and enjoy your vacation," she said. "It's just fat, just like we thought." Phew. We hung up and I cried some more. Actually I fell to my knees and cried and thanked God.

Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment