Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Surgery is done.


I'll make this quick because I 'm typing from my phone. 

Surgery went really well. I felt really good right after, with the exception of sore throat & dry mouth. I felt like I could conquer anything at that point. 

As those pain meds wore off, I started feeling more pain, but I have a pain pump and that's helping. I don't sleep well on pain meds, so I'm just trying to catch quick 20 minute naps whenever my eyes decide to shut. Apparent I've been falling asleep for a minute or two mid-conversation. 

My skin is itchy, have some pain despite pain meds & muscle relaxer & I'm incredibly thirsty. Otherwise all is well. Just trying to be still, relax & heal. 

Thanks for your prayers, warm thoughts, messages & help. I'm so blessed to be surrounded by such amazing people !


4 comments:

  1. Kara you are an amazing lady. I am so sorry that you are going through this, but you seem as though you have a good spirit about it all. Continue to stay strong. My family and I will continue to keep you in our prayers. Cristie Ledford

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara, Spoke with your dad and we are so glad to hear you are both looking and doing well. You are an awesome role model for your daughter, and an invaluable example of wisdom and determination for the rest of us . I will follow your blog when you feel like posting and am sending healing thoughts to you. And don't forget... the amazing support group you are surrounded with., which a wise person would not hesitate to take advantage of and lean on when needed.Heal well....Nanci and Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Kara

    Glad to know that you came through the surgery alright I know that you still have a long way to go and will probably have some rough days ahead of you at least the hardest part is behind you and you can start working on the healing process

    You have been so strong and had such a positive outlook on this even surprising a lot of people by trying to keep a blog documenting your tremendous journey You have put many people to shame that more than likely would not have dealt with this with such a positive attitude

    Rest while you can and please don't rush yourself to much you seriously deserve a break make sure that you give yourself a lot of credit for getting through this I know that you have a great support system and I am glad that they are there to help you just remember that you have had to do a lot of work too

    Take care of yourself

    Love & prayers
    Debbie


    ReplyDelete
  4. Im glad to see everything is going well Mrs. Kara :) I hope everything else goes just as well as this does, and i look forward to seeing a full recovery when i take your class next year!

    ReplyDelete