Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Chemo Updates (2nd Treatment, days 6 & on)

I went for fluids on Monday. While I was dehydrated, it wasn't as bad as the first treatment. At the time, I had what I thought was a cold, but that quickly morphed into an upper respiratory infection. I fought it for about a week, but by this past Monday, I knew I needed more help.


My best friends from childhood (Keri & Meghan) came all the way from New York for a visit. They drove through the night Friday night and arrived Saturday morning. We had an awesome time catching up, eating, laughing, eating, laughing... you get the picture. It was awesome. I felt really spoiled that they came all this way to visit me, brought me gifts (Thank you all so much!) and didn't complain once that I coughed on them all weekend long!  Here we are on the hunt for gators...  too bad it was too cold and all the gators were hibernating:



And then they brought me to the doctor on Monday because I just couldn't take it any more.  I was having such terrible coughing fits that I was gasping for breath. Dr. Kotz gave me a z-pack and told me that if I didn't have significant improvement in 24hrs that I'd need to go into the hospital for IV fluids. Um, no thanks. It came down to mind over matter, though I suppose the antibiotics did their thing, but I felt a definite improvement by yesterday and even better today.  I have 2 real goals in mind when it comes to treatment (right now at least): no unexpected hospital stays and no delays in treatment.


My next treatment is in a week. I hear that round 3 & round 5 of chemo are really hard. Not sure if that is true across the board, but I'm not looking forward to it being harder.


I've had sporadic but continued bone pain this time in my hips, knees and across the tops of my feet. I'm tired a lot. I'm really ready for chemo to be done. I guess, though, that I am 1/3 of the way through. 4 more treatments to go...


I'll post more soon. I've been trying to spend my "feel good" time catching up on work. Thanks for reading!!

1 comment:

  1. Lot's of Enz's here in Moorhead thinking of you...hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete